Telephone Betting Terms & Conditions
Telephone Betting Terms & Conditions
Our normal hours are 9:00-22:00 Monday-Sunday.
All of our telephone staff have received specialist training and are all capable of accessing your full betting history and hopeful answering your initial enquiry. We find that virtually all disputes are resolved at this stage.
If you are unable to reach a satisfactory solution to your complaint at the initial stage, you can ask for your query to be escalated to a senior supervisor. They will then look into your complaint and come back to you within 36 hours.
Independent betting adjudication service
If you are still unhappy with solution offered by us you can contact the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS). Once you submit your complaint to IBAS they will ask us to provide any relevant information. The dispute will then be put in front of an independent panel of experts who will make a ruling. Jennings Telebet will always abide by a decision made by IBAS. IBAS rule on complaints about betting and gaming transactions but do not deal with service related problems. The details for IBAS are given below. Please note that IBAS need you to have already contacted the Customer Services Team before they will look at your complaint.
PO Box 62639
London EC3P 3AS
020 7347 5883
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
Joe Jennings (Harlow) Telebet is licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission under Licence Number: 000-034228-R-318295-005. Our Data Protection Registration Number is: ZA246533
Should you have any concerns over how we process your Personal Data please contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Data Protection Policies
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
Joe Jennings takes all aspects of Data Protection seriously and are thoroughly audited each year on how your information is held and any risks to the safety of your information.
Depending on the type of account you hold with Joe Jennings, the level of information held by us will differ. In total, the following information may be held:
Name, Address, DOB, Email, Phone number, Bank Card Type, 16 digits of bank card, Expiry date of bank card (N.B your CV2 is not kept on file).
Further information is sometimes required to ensure we comply with Gambling Commission Regulations. This may include the following:
A soft copy of your bank card, a soft copy of proof of address (Bank Statement, Utility Bill, ETC) A soft copy of your Drivers Licence or Passport.
All of your information is kept on a secure system that is only obtainable by the relevant individuals with unique passwords. Your card details are also encrypted at system level.
Communication of Our Data Protection Policy
Our Data Protection Policy is available for all to see. Should you have any queries or concerns about how your data is kept or the security of your information, you would need to inform the ICO.
The GDPR includes the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed.
- The right of access.
- The right to rectification.
- The right to erasure.
- The right to restrict processing.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Subject Access Requests
If you require access or knowledge of what information is held specifically for you, we will comply to your request within 30 days at no expense to you. We do, however, reserve the right to turn down requests that we feel may be excessive. If a request if refused we will inform you as to why and you will have the option to complain to the supervisory authority.
Should you require access to information held by us please email email@example.com. Third parties may also request information on your behalf, but we will require authority from you in writing before releasing any information.
Sharing of Your Data
On occasion some of your data, namely email address or mobile phone number may be shared with companies that we have an affiliation with. Under no circumstances will any of your data be shared with any outside organisation. Should you require any clarification on companies that we would class to have an affiliation with please contact us directly.
On rare occasions data maybe shared with additional third parties such as regulators, law enforcement agencies and other authorities, identity verification agencies, fraud prevention investigation authorities.
You are entitled to request that Joe Jennings delete any personal data that we hold on record. Should you require this please send a request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests will be considered on merit. Joe Jennings may refuse to delete data that we are legally obliged to keep on record for a certain period of time. On any occasion that Joe Jennings is unable to delete we will explain the situation in writing.
Should any form of serious data breach occur we will inform you of the severity of the breach and any ways that it may affect you. A report will also be sent to the ICO outlining the causes of any breach and steps that will be taken to rectify the issues.
We are aware that from time to time, using either email or mobile phone numbers, you will receive some marketing offers from us. Should you wish to “opt out” of receiving any of our offers via any medium, please let us know and our marketing databases will be updated accordingly.
Information Security Policy
The personal information you provide to us during the registration process and the subsequent records of your bets and account transactions are retained by us on our computer systems for the purposes of:
- Enabling us to set up and manage your account;
- Providing you with useful information, such as promotional offers and information relating to other services offered by Jennings Telebet. This information helps us to improve the service we provide to you.
It is the intention of Joe Jennings, to uphold our Information Security Management system requirements in line with our trading activities.
Joe Jennings and its management are committed to protecting the security of its information and information systems. We have identified our key objectives and are committed to achieve them. All objectives are measurable and monitored by top management on a regular basis. To achieve our objectives, we shall ensure that:
- The integrity of information is maintained, so that it is accurate, up to date and ‘fit for purpose’;
- Information is always available to those who need it and there is no disruption to the business of the company;
- Confidentiality is not breached, so that information is accessed only by those authorised to do so;
- The Company meets its legal requirements, including those applicable to personal data under the Data Protection Act and those applicable under the Gambling Commission’s Remote Gambling & Software technical Standards;
- All personnel are educated and continually trained on the importance and current procedures of maintaining information security; and;
- The reputation of the Company is safeguarded.
We do everything in our power to protect user-information you provide on account registration. All of our users’ information, not just sensitive information, is stored on servers in secure operating environments.
Your information will not be provided or sold to any third parties. Jennings Telebet will only disclose your personal information to other companies within the Jennings group, carefully selected suppliers that are engaged by Jennings Telebet to process the information on our behalf or otherwise as required by law or the requirements of any applicable regulatory authority.
Also Jennings Telebet may disclose your personal information to anybody investigating actual or suspected criminal activity (including the Financial Services Authority and the National Criminal Intelligence Service) or, in respect of any event which we are taking bets on, any demonstrable threat to the integrity of that event and/or rules of the relevant governing bodies (including the BHA in relation to UK horse racing, the ICC ACSU in relation to cricket and the UK football authorities in relation to UK football). In such event, Jennings Telebet will only disclose personal information which it deems to be necessary and proportionate to any such investigation and where it has been assured by such third party that it will be used in compliance with data protection legislation.
When opening an account, customers will be asked if they would like a password for account security purposes. If the customer declines to activate a password on the account, Jennings Telebet cannot be held responsible for any bets placed on the account that the customer later queries as not being placed by them. These bets will remain the responsibility of the customer. For account security purposes customers are advised to activate a password.
If a password is activated, and used subsequently by a third party, the responsibility remains with the customer for all bets on the account. It is the customers responsibility to ensure password details are kept private. If you lose, forget, or are concerned a third party has your password, you should call us to change your password immediately. Any bets placed on your account using your password will be your responsibility.
The maximum withdrawal limit per customer per day is £25,000.
Withdrawals to VISA debit cards are typically instant, Mastercard debit card take 2-5 working days. For example, if you withdraw on Friday, the earliest you should expect to receive your winnings is Tuesday, and by next Friday at the latest. This is the standard processing time issued by banks, and is out of our control.
When a withdrawal is in excess of £500 (or currency equivalent), we may ask you to provide us with identification in line with Gambling Commission guidelines.
We are required by our licence to inform customers about what happens to funds which we hold on account for you, and the extent to which funds are protected in the event of insolvency.
We hold customer funds separate from company funds, these funds are not protected in the event of insolvency. This meets the Gambling Commission’s requirements for the segregation of customer funds.
Dorman Account Procedure
Where a customer has had no activity for 12 months or more, the following process is followed:
- An initial contact will be made via both telephone and email. This will inform the customer that they have a positive balance in their account.
- If there is no response within 7 days a letter will be sent to the address that we hold on record.
- If there is no response after a further 7 days contact will again be attempted via both telephone and email.
- If no response is received after 3 months from the time the account became inactive a management fee of £10 or 5% (whichever is higher) will be deducted from the balance.
- If no contact is made the management fee will be applied to the account on the same day of the following month and so on until the balance becomes nil.
- No further charges will be applied to the to the account once the balance is nil.
- If the client makes contact after fees have been applied, they have the right to request any remaining balance to be returned to them or make their account active again by placing bets. If the account becomes active no further management fees will be applied unless the account again becomes inactive.
Where the customer responds to the correspondence and confirms withdrawal method, the remaining account balance is withdrawn appropriately (where possible this must be returned back to deposit method) and the account is closed.
No fees will be applied to any Telebet Active account holders.
Under Age Gambling
It is against the law for persons under 18 to gamble. Jennings Telebet reserves the right to carry out age verification checks on account holders who use payment mechanisms that are known to be legitimately available to under-18’s. Jennings Telebet may also carry out age verification checks against a random selection of account holders regardless of the method of payment. Such checks will involve passing account holder information to third party agents. Anyone under the age of 18 found to be using our services will have their account closed instantly; winnings forfeited and will be reported to the police.
GAMSTOP is a free, independent self-exclusion scheme for customers, which lets them put controls in place to help restrict them from undertaking any gambling activities. GAMSTOP is explicitly an online tool and does not include telephone & text betting as part of its scheme, however it is our company policy not to accept members of GAMSTOP.
GAMSTOP is a free service for customers and is available for customers who reside within the United Kingdom (Great Britain and Northern Ireland) only. If you as a player have signed up for the service you will be prevented from using our services (and other gambling websites and apps run by companies who are licensed in Great Britain) for a set period of time.
Betting from abroad
The onus is on you the customer to inform us if you plan to use your account outside of the UK.
You must be in the UK to have the right to use the telephone/instant messenger betting service.
By accepting our terms and conditions you are responsible for informing us if you are not in the UK, once notified, your account will be paused until you inform us of your return to the UK.
We want social media to be a friendly and relaxed environment for all to enjoy. We use social media to talk to you, answer your questions, supply you with news and let you know about things you might be interested in, including market movers. Views and news published by Jennings Telebet does not constitute betting advice and should not be treated as such.
To ensure our social media pages are enjoyable for all users please adhere to the following rules:
The following terms and conditions apply to content, promotions, apps and tabs on Jennings Telebet social media accounts:
Social Media Terms & Conditions
- Our social media channels are restricted to individuals aged 18 and older.
- You may not advertise or promote non-Jennings Telebet products via our social media channels without prior consent from Jennings Telebet via email@example.com
- Any betting opinion or news expressed by Jennings Telebet does not constitute betting advice and should not be treated as such.
- Jennings Telebet cannot be held responsible for the content of others on our social media channels.
- No gambling of any kind may take place between Jennings Telebet and its customers via Jennings Telebet social media channels.
- Any racism, sexism, bullying or harassment of any kind will be removed and the original poster may be blocked temporarily or permanently.
- Any defamatory language will be removed and the original poster may be blocked temporarily or permanently.
- Jennings Telebet retain the right to remove any content or block any user, temporarily or permanently.
- Content on our social media channels could change at any time and should not be solely relied upon.
- If you have any problems regarding our social media pages please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jennings Telebet betting rules apply.
- Jennings Telebet decision is final.
Instant Messenger Betting
Telegram - You can use Telegram to place your bets on +44 7786202683. We will message you back to confirm receipt of the bet. In the event that the price for the requested selection has changed, the customer will receive a message back saying “NO BET” followed by the current market price. If you do not receive a message back of confirmation, the responsibility is with the customer to call the office on 01279 625900 to check if we have received the bet and that it has been accepted as sent before the start of the event. In as much as we endeavor to let customers bet up until the market closes, we advise that our customers are prompt and try to get their text bets on at least a couple of minutes before the start of an event, helping to avoid disappointment. (In-Running betting limited to a natural break in play. Please see full Telegram Betting Rules in the Telegram Betting section. Please be aware, minimum stakes rules apply, minimum transaction of £10 applies.